Our Green Apple Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are ready to provide supports under the Capacity Building category for Improved Daily living and Improved Health and Wellbeing categories.
The Green Apple Wellness Centre is a registered NDIS provider and as an NDIS registered provider we meet the requirements set by the NDIS quality and safeguard commission regarding qualifications, approvals, experience and capacity for the approved supports.
The Green Apple has a unique social environment and this, in conjunction with specialised equipment and expert physical activity knowledge, enables us to achieve results that others cannot offer.
Under the NDIS, our accredited exercise physiologists can prescribe tailored exercise for those whom have a permanent disability or condition which makes their daily activities challenging.
Some of the conditions we can help you with are:
- Acquired brain injury
- Physical Disabilities (For e.g., Amputation, post-accident/surgery)
- Autism Spectrum
- Developmental disability (For e.g., Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome)
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability (For e.g., Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, balance impairment, Alzheimer’s)
- Spinal Cord Injuries.
All your treatment consultations can be organized one-on-one in the Gym, in home or in the pool. If you have a carer, they are encouraged to come with you during your appointment to provide you the extra support you need.
Benefits of exercise physiology sessions within the Green Apple environment include:
- Improves management of pain
- Improves quality of life, physically/mentally/emotionally
- Improves strength, mobility, balance and coordination
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Improves cardiovascular fitness
- Improves weight control
Here at Green Apple Wellness Centre we have a wide range of health services to assist in your NDIS rehabilitation. See below for an outline of NDIS related services that we can provide.
- One-on-one Gym & In-Home Physiotherapy
- One-on-one Gym & In-Home Exercise Physiology
- Clinic & In-Home Dietetics
- One-on-one Hydrotherapy/pool Exercise sessions
- One-on-one Gym personal training with Experienced Exercise Professionals
- Home Exercise Programs for Rehabilitation
- Recommendations for Mobility & Equipment Aids
How do I get an NDIS plan
To access Exercise Physiology at Green Apple Wellness Centre under NDIS, you will require a tailored plan from NDIS to start working on your goals. Please follow the next steps to apply for an NDIS management plan.
Follow the NDIS checklist for eligibility. Click here for the link to NDIS eligibility
1. Contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and an NDIS representative will assist you with your questions.
2. Once your application is approved you will then work with a Local Area Coordinator or Planner to assess your needs and define goals. They will also assist you in allocating your funding to the necessary services.
What do I do next
Once you have been approved by NDIS and have a plan in place, contact us and book an initial appointment.
I have a plan, what now?
Tell us that you are NDIS approved and your NDIS registration number and how your fund is being managed.
Your allied health provider/Exercise Physiologist will then be able to work out a service agreement/plan with you on your first appointment. Please bring a copy of your NDIS plan and your Plan Manager’s details to this first appointment.
Common NDIS terms
Service Agreements– A service agreement is a written agreement between you and your service provider that makes it clear what both parties have agreed to. It will typically outline what treatments will be performed and the costing, including travel and report costs. A service agreement will need to be completed before starting a new NDIS service.
- Self-managed. Self-managing means the client will pay directly for the services provided, and then seek reimbursement from the NDIA. Being self-managed allows the patient to choose any provider, whether they are registered with the NDIS or not.
- Agency-managed [NDIA]. When the NDIA manages the patient’s plan, the NDIS will pay our company directly through an online portal. Clients must choose registered NDIS providers like the Green Apple Wellness Centre if the NDIA manages your plan.
- Plan Management. In this situation, the NDIS will pay the NDIS client’s Plan Manager, who will directly pay for all supports the client has asked them to manage. Plan Managers are typically financial planners/accountants who manage the NDIS participant’s account.
There are three categories of support budgets that may be funded in your NDIS plan
You may be entitled to Core Supports, Capacity Building or Capital Supports.
Exercise Physiology Supports Category:
- Improved Health and Wellbeing (Capacity Building)
These support items maintain or increase physical mobility or well-being through personal training or exercise physiology. Physical well-being activities promote and encourage improved physical capacity and health
- Improved Daily living (Capacity Building)
This support category includes assessment supports, training supports, strategy development supports, and therapeutic (including Early Childhood Intervention) supports to assist the development of, or to increase, a participant’s skills and their capacity for independence and community participation.